Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My Denon RCDM39 will not play doigital input

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, What are you trying to play on the system right now- is it a CD/DVD?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will play all the other signals but with my TV conected to Digital Input it says "signal unlock
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Was it working before and then stopped, or is this the first time connecting the TV Input to the system please?

Also, lease try disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all was fine last week and it is under warranty
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please try disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is still the same
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please reboot your cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.

Then perform a reset of the Denon, by pressing "Surround Mode >" and "Surround Mode <" buttons both while pressing power/standby once. Hold those Surround mode buttons until the display starts blinking then release. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I had to attend to other services I could not find Surround mode
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, I had the manual for another Denon on my screen as well as yours. Unplug the power cord, then plug it back in while you press the "Source" and the "<<" arrows at the same time and "Initialize" should display on the front.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did the things you said and got initalize but got the same answer on digital in "signal unlock"
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I see your conversation, and he did clear the microprocessor. However it seems that since you have a digital error, that there is a problem with your input processor. Let's get you started on your warranty. Click here for the terms, and call (03) 8542 1144 to get the return started. They will give you an RA number and shipping instructions, if there isn't an authorized shop near you. Let me know if you need more help.