Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a 5500. When I t any button on the remote I just get

Customer Question

I have a 5500. When I hit any button on the remote I just get a " No Contact" message. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Please elaborate on what a 5500 is. This could relate to about a dozen different TV's, receivers, etc.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a Bang & Olufsen , Beomaster tuner/ amplifier. It is run with the remote, referred to as the Master Control Pannel. It's when I send commands from this that I get the " no contact" message. It's over 20 years old.
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. It sounds like it has just lost contact. I want you to unplug each unit and let them sit for 1 minute. Plug them back in. If you have the sensor, double check that it's plugged in and hasn't come loose. Tell me what you find.