Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Have a denon 400 receiver...everything worked fine and

Customer Question

Customer: have a denon 400 receiver...everything worked fine and great, and then my comcast router blew out and i had to get a new router..i got the router all set up and working, but now the denon is saying no internet connection all my other devices are working fine with this new router except the denon
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my denon receiver is saying no network connection
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Theater-Stereo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i will pay you $18 if you can solve my issue, otherwise, i won't
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: how many customers are in front of me
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having

You need to reset your Denon to factory defaults, and then run a fresh setup of the receiver- including entering the new router information and a fresh connection test. Have you done that yet please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well, sorry, my denon was working fine until i got a new router...i plugged it in the new router, and now its say no network connection
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello???
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Aric has left the conversation, my apologies for that but I'll help from here.

When you say it "blew out", what do you mean by that? Was it damaged by a power surge or similar event?

Next step is to do a specific network card reset.

Power the denon off (standby mode), then press and hold the ZONE 2 SOURCE / DIMMER buttons on the front panel, and keep holding while powering back on, for a few seconds, then release.

Check for network connectivity again.

Let me know the results,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i reset the receiver
still having trouble connecting to network
ethernet cables are fine as they work great when connecting with my computer
again, my denon receiver worked flawlessly until i had to replace my router last week
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

I'm not referring to a microprocessor rest, this is a very specific step related only to clearing the internal network adapter.