Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I bought a digital optical output cable and converter

Customer Question

I bought a digital optical output cable and converter for my Samsung LCD TV. This is to convert to analog signal to my old Altec Lansing woofer and two desk top tweeters. All I get is a fluttering pulse sound. The sound can be eliminated only when the diagnosis program is running. I have set up the sound for PCM (?) with the TV speakers still on. How can I overcome no sound except for the fast pulsing noise?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the Samsung TV and audio converter. Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?

Or is there a cable box or satellite receiver used?

If the latter, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).