Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a MCA-C5 Multizone Controller Amplifier. Speaker

Customer Question

I have a MCA-C5 Multizone Controller Amplifier. Speaker Output #6 no longer works. Everything else is working fine. All other speaker outputs (1-5) still work. Any idea what is wrong? Any chance it's just a blown fuse inside the box?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that the # ***** speaker output is shorted or damaged. The fuse that the MCA-C5 has, is only one fuse, and does not fuse-protect the speaker outputs... or if it does, it does not apply particularly to the # ***** speaker output. That output needs repairing, unless it is shorted externally in some obvious fashion, I think.

The only fuse listed for the MCA-C5 is next to the AC plugin, and fuses only the main power of this device, not the speaker output(s). Repair will be needed for the defective # ***** I think. Try selecting it, and see if that changes its status.