Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

Technician to hook the DTR-5.8 AV receiver remote to the

Customer Question

technician to hook the DTR-5.8 AV receiver remote to the Integra system. we are in Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

This is a pay for online support website. We don't have technicians that make house calls.

So if you'd like assistance with this, I can tell you how to hook these devices up, but I need some specifics.

The DTR-5.8AV IS an Integra unit, so I'm not sure what you mean how to hook the receiver remote to an Integra system.

Can you please elaborate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Someone must have hit an incorrect button on the remote which controls all the components which are all integra The TV will now not turn on from the remove, we can receive no guides etc. we need the tv to accept the information from the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
normally you turn off the system by hitting tv - standby and then receiver - standby. I am assuming someone hit tv- and a different button other than standby and perhaps it was the button located beside the standby which is 1/0 or input
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Offhand, have you tried unplugging the components from power for 5 minutes or more and then plugging them back in to see if a reboot will help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you want me to unplug the total system from the wall>\? and then plug back in
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes, unplug all components (or if they are all connected to a plug strip- simply unplug the plug strip for 5 minutes).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I am now going to unplug from wall since everything is connected. I will be back in 5 minutes.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turning everything off did not make any change
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, there's a possibility that the TV itself is the root cause of the problem. Please manually turn the TV ON and see if you can then get guides back up on the screen, etc.

If not, then please tell me what Brand and Model TV you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connect get guides etc with integra remote tv is Runco and the two numbers from the cable system is eith 0030 or 0017
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you mean here:

"connect get guides etc"

I asked if you could manually power the TV up using the buttons on the set itself- yes or no please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can turn tv on and off from the set itself.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are the guides you're referring to associated with the cable company/cable box- such as the channel guides?

If so, grab the original Cable Box remote and press the GUIDE button- does it display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does display from the cable box remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the Integra remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
batteries have been replaced to reply to other advice yes if Iturn tv on manually nothing for the guide. must stay with cable remote to get a guide not the integra remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay it sounds like the Integra remote may have failed. Does it work to control ANY of the devices in the home theater system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is a Runco CX-52HD
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried other components of integra control AND it turned on the DVD so it is just the Tv
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

It would actually be the cable box since the guides are generated by the cable box and not the TV itself.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to pull up the programming guide for the remote, but it's possible that a newer, fresh universal remote would be the best solution here. These devices have around a 5 year or so usage life- before problems like these arise, and since it's lost programming once, it will lily start occuring more and more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it did the guides for the cable box and it in the past did the guide from the integra so cable box working but tv guide on integra not working. It is not receiving signal and I am just not sure how to get the information back. I will do some more reading because this is not very helpful.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, since you don't find this helpful and my time is valuable, I will opt out and allow someone else to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I have to leave for an appointment. so will check back in later.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael, I tried to call you but it says my call can not be completed as dialed?

This is the # ***** gave is it correct ? Please check it for me. Thank you

your # ***** this way:(###) ###-####/p>

Tech Michael