Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My Denon avr-1804/884 powers up then goes into standby mode

Customer Question

My Denon avr-1804/884 powers up then goes into standby mode with blinking light. Any fixes?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.