Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Pioneer PL-990 turntable that plugs into the phono

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer PL-990 turntable that plugs into the phono jacks of a Kenwood KA-94 integrated amplifier. How do I get output to my Denon DHT-S514 sound bar?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Are you trying to run it through your Kenwood, before your Denon? Plug it into tape 1 rec, and connect tape 1 play to your soundbar with this cable, click here. RCA and 1/8" carry the exact same signal, they're just connectors, so we can interchange the jacks.

Tape 1 REC will get the turntable audio into the preamp, and Tape 1 play will send the signal to your soundbar.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried this using the analog input on the sound bar. Was that the right thing to do? I tried all sources on the tv menu without any luck.
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

The TV menu? For your turntable?

You would actually want to be using the input(source) button on your soundbar to select the analog input.

If you still have no sound, here is what I would advise: Click here. Since your turntable has a built in preamp, it's already outputting line level signal, eliminating the need for the phono preamp. Connect that adapter to your turntable wires, and plug it directly into your soundbar.

The record outs are outputs, I goofed in my initial instructions. The REC connectors are audio outputs. They will work as well, and send any sound from your receiver to the soundbar.