Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have your receiver Number RX-V377. I have the tuner and a

Customer Question

I have your receiver Number RX-V377. I have the tuner and a turn table and a reel to reel patched into receiver. how do I set them up
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The receiver has a built in tuner- so I'm not sure why you're looking to connect a tuner to the unit. Also can you postback with the brand and model of both the turntable and the reel to reel so I can look those up and provide instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not hooking up another tuner! That is one of three components that will be fed into receiver. It is already in receiver.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, wasn't sure. So do you have model and makes of the other components as asked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turn table is model # ***** Mitsubishi, and reel to reel is model # ***** Akai.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Pulling up this info now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the Yamaha receiver does not have any kind of phono stage built in, so a "Phono Preamp" is needed to connect the turntable to the receiver. The one at the link below wil work and then connect betwen the turntable and the AV 4 or AV 5 red and white stereo Inputs:

http://www.parts-express.com/behringer-pp400-microphono-ultra-compact-phono-preamp--248-6348

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got a pre amp! We are not answering my initial queston!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please elaborate exactly where you are getting stuck then.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What exactly are you seeing on the screen of the Yamaha- something about the radio stations?

If so, then are you not able to simply change the source on the receiver using the front panel buttons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's just forget I asked for help! Not getting anything from you that helps! I hope I don't get charged for this disaster!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I stated a little while ago, I do not require your assistance! You did nothing the first time around! So I am finished with you. I hope I have made that painfully clear!