Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a CA66 Russound system that provides intercom to 5

Customer Question

I have a CA66 Russound system that provides intercom to 5 zones. One of the five zones suddenly has a problem. On the transmit side there is a loud hissing sound. Any idea why?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Is the "source" the same for all 5 zones- and all the rest play the source but the one with the hissing sound?

Also have you tried disconnecting the CA66 from power, then checking the connections on the offending zone (disconnect and reconnect), then plug the CA 66 back in?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.