Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer VSX-1127 Receiver and its flashing a code

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer VSX-1127 Receiver and its flashing a code UE22, i have a Bose speaker system hooked up and it's not letting sound through.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Offhand UE22 is a software error in the Pioneer which is caused by the Firmware needing to be updated, or the solder joints on the processor chip failing due to heat. It is not related to the Bose speaker system at all.

Please first try disconnecting the receiver from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in. See if the error is still there.

If so, consider a reset to factory defaults of the receiver. To do this click the link below and scroll to page 63 then follow the instructions for "Resetting the System":

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1127-K_OperatingInstructions070512.pdf

Let me know what happens, and if it does not work please tell me how long you have owned this receiver for.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have reset the unit as described but it's still flashing the UE22 code, I have owned the unit for 2-3 years.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, this does indicate the processor chip has failed or at the very least the Firmware needs to be updated. Do you have the receiver connected to the internet and have you tried updating the Firmware yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not connected to the net, and I haven't updated the unit.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, that is bad news- since if it's not connected to the internet, then the software would not be causing this issue. The issue is caused by the DSP chip in the receiver having failed. This is a very common issue with Pioneer's receivers and in many cases it can be fixed by heating up the chip with a heat gun set to HIGH, about 10" away from the chip heating it in 60 second increments to re-flow the solder joints. If this is not something you're comfortable with, then an authorized Pioneer servicer would be your next step, and this type of repair is in the $200-$250 range I'm afraid. If you'd like, however you can use the link below to locate a repair center in your area:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.LOCATOR_MAXIMIZE/v4-where-to-buy-nav-item/?javax.portlet.tpst=be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_viewID=ascview&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&vgnextoid=35233d3c95b3b210VgnVCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.