Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I own a Wave Music System Radio 10 years and since yesterday

Customer Question

I own a Wave Music System Radio for about 10 years and since yesterday have a problem listening to CDs.
WhenI slide a CD into the slot, the indicator blinks a few times 'Reading CD' and then kicks the Cd out again with the comment: 'Not Payable'.
What could possibly have happened?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear you're having trouble, after about 10 years the laser eye can get dirty, or burn up. The first thing to do is reset the unit.

Unplug it for about 10 seconds. Hold the eject button while you plug it back in. Try playing a disc.

If it still doesn't work, use a commercially available lens cleaner. They are available at electronics stores, drug stores, etc... Follow the directions on the package.

If that still doesn't bring it to life, the laser eye has burned up. You'll have to call Bose to have it repaired. They will offer you a flat rate repair, and if they cannot fix it, they will offer you another unit at an incredibly discounted rate. Call 1-***-***-**** to get your RA number and shipping instructions. They have top-notch customer service. Let me know if you have any trouble.