Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I am looking into buying an ART DJ Pre II Phono PreAmp to

Customer Question

I am looking into buying an ART DJ Pre II Phono PreAmp to hook up my Technics Turntable to my Pioneer VSX-1020, but I do not see any assigned inputs for a turntable at the back of the receiver. How are they connected then ?ThanksRandy
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The phono inputs on older receivers had built in preamps. The preamp brings the signal up to line level, which is what all of the red/white inputs are on the VSX-1020. That is why we now have the DJ Pre II Phono Preamp, it's an external version of what used to be built in.

You can choose any of the inputs you wish, they are all the same, except for the name. :-) Let me know if you have any questions.