Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I connected the digital AV adapter to my Apple iPad and

Customer Question

I connected the digital AV adapter to my Apple iPad and connected the HDM1 cable to the other end of the digital AV adapter. I connected the other end of the HDM1 cable to the HDM1 port 2 on my Toshiba TV (model #40L1400U). I turned on both the iPad and TV. My TV's HDM1 port 2 is connected to the DirectTV receiver. I moved the mode switch from DirectTV to HD!1on my remote. At that point a message on the TV screen said that the HDM1 port 1 was not programed for this audio equipment. I tried to follow the directions offered on the screen, but was not successful. It wanted me to chose from a list on the screen what I wanted to attached. I was to chose between DVD, Audio Equipment, VCR, DirectTV Receiver and TV. I choose Audio Equipment. I was unable to following the rest of the directions because they were not working for me. I would appreciate any help you can offer me to resolve this problem.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Press the Input (source) button repeatedly until you have HDMI 2 selected. Press the OK or Enter button, and it should come up. Tell me the results.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rusty, I tried what you said and it did not work for me.
Expert:  Rusty replied 11 months ago.

What app are you using to display HDMI through your iPad?