Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My disc has fallen out of the track on my Aiwa compact disc

Customer Question

My disc has fallen out of the track on my Aiwa compact disc system (holds the disc at a time) it is under the changer co that the door can not be moved one way of the other is there a way to get into the unit?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

If I understand correctly, this is a three disk system - very common for Aiwa systems.

All you should have to do to get access to the disk is to remove the screws holding the cover on the disk unit. Once the screws are out, the top will just come off, then you can get the disk out. However, you might find when you get it out, that it happens again. If that's the case, let me know and we can do some troubleshooting of that - it could be a worn or broken belt.