Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just purchased a Bose 5 CD changer but I do not have a

Customer Question

I just purchased a Bose 5 CD changer but I do not have a music system. Can I connect it to my TV?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The Bose 5 disc changers are designed with a proprietary connection that only allows them to be connected to a Bose Wave music system- this cable feeds the signal to the Music System and also allows control of the Changer- there's no way to control or use the changer without the Music System unfortunately. So, you would need to purchase one of the Bose Wave units at the link below in order to be able to use your Bose CD changer- this is the same with all Bose accessories:

https://www.bose.com/products/speakers/cd_radio.html?mc=K3073379&gclid=CjwKEAiAndSzBRDp5P232v-qtHkSJABw-VdtfFI7sQChlFJAi3J1N5bzxsTMUQC67005STZQCfgRExoCzwXw_wcB

I'm sorry there's not a quick fix for this, but I just wanted to give you an accurate answer so you could be on your way.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.