Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung tv model un65fh6001. I just connected a

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tv model un65fh6001. I just connected a soundbar to it. I was told to switch the internal speakers to external but I cant locate that info on the menu. The tv is 2 years old.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the soundbar. Additionally, please describe how the soundbar is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The soundbar is a Sony HT-CT380. It's connected to the TV's HDMI's port with a HDMI cable. Everything turns on including the sub woofer. I was told where I purchased the sound bar that I needed to switch the TV's speakers from internal to external. I can't find if my tv has that capability. Its possible I can't use a sound bar with this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried everything on the TV's remote.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried connecting the Sony's ARC HDCP 2.2 HDMI OUT to the Samsung's HDMI IN 2 (ARC)?

In some versions, the ARC feature of the the TV would only work if it is directly connected to an antenna. Is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box or satellite receiver used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tv has HDMI in 2 and HDMI in 1 (DVI). My cable company's connection is in the HDMI in 1 connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had other tvs where you could access the speakers on the menu or setup. This must be a cheaper model because you can't access very much information from the remote.. I'm going to return the soundbar.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Donna, would you consider a simpler connection method?

Can you please try using a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable similar to the product shown HERE to connect the TV's AUDIO OUT jack to the soundbar's ANALOG IN jack?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your information. I'm just going to return the soundbar. I had just purchased a HDMI cable along with the soundbar. I don't want to invest anymore money. You never answered the question about the internal speakers.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Because there is no menu setting for enabling/disabling internal/external speakers as you have found out yourself.