Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Our area had inclement weather during the night, which

Customer Question

Our area had inclement weather during the night, which resulted in a power outage.
Today my Bose system does not respond to functions: FM/AM – CD – Aux.
I can set the clock; however, the ‘functions’ are not responding. I have unplugged my Bose in the back of player, I’ve unplugged it from the surge protector, and I have unplugged it from the wall. All at different intervals – I’ve left it unplugged for 30 minutes with the hope that a ‘long’ reset would help.
Please help me. Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Bose.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Model AWRCC2 - serial number 033976C63236582AC
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Additional, it is a SoundDock - Series II
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OOPS, disregard that last note - that's my dock not my Bose. Sorry!
It's Model AWRCC2 - serial number 033976C63236582AC
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I touch the 'function' key (FM/AM 0 CD - AUX) It advises to "PLEASE WAIT"
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Additional, the 'function keys' icons do not appear on the display.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Are you able to try a Systems' RESET?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The reset listed in the owner's manual are the 'unplug & re-plug'. I have done everything in the owner's manual - over & over.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Other than the "unplugging", there would be in most versions a RESET to factory defaults in the Systems' MENU. Are you able to perform this please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have not found a RESET. Where do I look.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Depending on the version, can you please check/try ?press and hold the Alarm Time (Menu) / SETUP MENU / press TUNE / System Reset / Press Time - or Time + / YES / press Alarm Time again.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Evertime I select yes, it goes back to 'no'
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Interesting...

Can you please try exercising the different buttons? ...by gently tapping on each and everyone a number of times. The idea is to release a possible stuck button.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Finally, it says reset complete. However, no function.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

I understand and this is very significant; a reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors.

A non-corrective would indicate an internal hardware issue.

If comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, that is not my forte.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
From our conversation, I'd say, it is not fixable by me - the user. So sad! But, thanks for trying.
Expert:  Louie replied 12 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Please see the link below if considering a repair for the AWRCC2 . This is to setup an RMA#:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/index.jsp

Season's Greetings!