Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have not used the system while and the 5 cd changer will

Customer Question

I have not used the system for a while and the 5 cd changer will not open to accept discs even though the light shows that it is on. The cd on the radio unit works fine. Also the lights on the radio unit do not come on. Is there a repair facility in the Phoenix area?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the system?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
bose cd3000
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will try and disconnect for an hour and see if that works. Would that have the same effect for the lighting on the base unit. I also replaced the battery on the remote and that does not turn on either.
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

Similar process for the base, unplug but use power button (not eject) to reset.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.