Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My Panasonic TH-42PX80A TV is connected to my Panasonic

Customer Question

My Panasonic TH-42PX80A TV is connected to my Panasonic DMR-PWT520 disc player. The connections are via RCA cables (not HDMI) and RF cable for the antenna. When viewing the TV through the disc player Melbourne Channel 9 HD displays correctly. When the
disc player is off, all other channels can be viewed correctly but Channel 9 HD has audio only and displays a "No Video Signal" message.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 11 months ago.

(Quote)

To accommodate the HD upgrade there will be a realignment of Nine Network channel numbers. 9HD will be available through Channel 90, while the SD broadcast will be on Channel 91 (and 9).
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2015/10/28/22/50/nine-to-launch-new-lifestyle-channel-and-broadcast-in-hd#uIiWwOiyZf6IhZ48.99

(Unquote)

That may be the reason you lose your picture...Your TV stopped processing SD - standard definition signal.

You should try channel 90 to see if that works, then try 9 and 91 to see if the picture disappears. If it does, then that TV stopped processing the older SD signal. Yet you lose the tuner SD while your disc player uses SD via the RCA cables. I think your TV's formatter from the tuner has failed.

That makes sense now.