Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Louie, I hope you are doing well. I have the Philips

Customer Question

Hey Louie,
I hope you are doing well. I have the Philips HTS6600/37 Theater system and one day I came home and it just wouldn't turn on. Before chucking it in the trash I decided to take it apart and found the fuse in the subwoofer was blown. So I went and bought a couple more fuses and every time I plug it in it blows instantly. Any ideas? It was a great system. Thanks so much
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the subwoofer circuit fuse blows, then I would say, disconnect the subwoofers completely, if there are any connected.

After that, if the next fuse blows too, look carefully for any sign of other burnt or overheated components. Those might need replacing.

Also look carefully for metal debris, paper clips, that sort of thing, that could be shorting out circuitry and might have gotten into things through grilles or hatches - esp. if you have young children about.

Also pick up the Philips (after disconnecting it from everything) and shake it vigorously. Do you hear any metallic rattling or scrapping of dislodged metallic debris? if so, see if you can find and remove it, or persuade it to come out.

After which, esp. if you heard any rattle or scrape of moving/falling metal debris inside the Philips device, try one more fuse in it.

If it just won't work... it's a good idea to recycle these things. If you need instructions on how to do so, tell me what state you reside in, please, and I will advise you further.