Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to get a set of rf wireless headphones to work at the

Customer Question

trying to get a set of rf wireless headphones to work at the same time as other speakers on my denon avre-300
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hi, This one is going to be tough. You can't use the headphone port and also have the speakers playing as that jack is "self muting"- meaning it physically "clicks" the speakers off internally.

In order to do this you need a converter which will connect to the FRONT left and Right speaker jacks on the Denon along with the speakers you already have connected there.

This is the ONLY way to get sound from the headphones at the same time as the connected speakers.

The converter you would need is at the link below. You will run an additional set of speaker wires from the converter to the Front L/R jacks on the Denon in parallel with the existing wires.

Then you will run a set of RCA cables from the converter to the RF wireless base/transmitter.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rZtpSZdroKu/p_543ADP12/Russound-ADP-1-2-Speaker-level-to-Line-level-Adapter.html

This is the only way to do this since the receiver is designed to mute the speakers when any plug is inserted into the headphone out jack.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.