Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have just purchased and installed a Yamaha RX-V479 AV

Customer Question

I have just purchased and installed a Yamaha RX-V479 AV receiver. I have set up the wireless Internet connection and tried to listen to any ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Classic radio station such as Classic FM 105.9 MHz Melbourne and after a variable time, I get the sound suddenly cutting out and the message "Access denied' on the receiver display. This type of behavior does not happen when I select another Net station such as BBC 4, or any AM/FM station using the tuner mode. Can you suggest any reason for this strange behavior with receiving, seemingly, just the ABC Classic stations over the Net ? Is there any setting I can adjust on the receiver to stop the audio cutting out ? Thanks in anticipation of your help in this matter,. BMP Dunedin NZ
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

The first thing to try is relocation of the antenna, and a system reset and power cycle on your Yamaha.

If this doesn't help then you unfortunately have a unit with a bad reception receiver circuit issue.

This is uncommon in nature but at least you just bought this unit so you can exchange it for a replacement. This unit has no known widespread issues and rated every well.

Hopefully the reset will take care of this issue.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael