Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My bose wave cd radio & player won't play the discs... says

Customer Question

my bose wave cd radio & player won't play the discs... says discs not readable
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, First unplug the Bose system for 60 seconds, then plug it back in to clear the processor and see if this solves the problem.

If not, then the issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.

You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Blow the compressed air into the disc slot liberally to remove any dust or debris which could be covering the laser lens.

If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would require repairs.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.