Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Ust installed a Samsung SUHD S7000. The cable box and Blu

Customer Question

ust installed a Samsung SUHD S7000. The cable box and Blu Ray player are connected to a Denon A/V receiver with HDMI cables. The Samsung will only play the cable box signal, (through any input on the Denon). When the Blu Ray is selected, the TV displays "no HDMI cable connected). Also, isn't the TV sound supposed to get back through the Denon unit when TV speakers are turned off and using the HDMI 1 input on the TV?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the model number of the denon so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Denon AVR 891
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then

You are saying that you could watch the cable box then switch input on the avr to where the bluray is connected and all of sudden the tv says no hdmi connect ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is it the tv or avr that gives out that message ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct, and it's the TV that displays the signal
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then if you open the denon menu /setup , does it go through when you see that message ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No menu pops up, but after the no connections message, it goes blank then displays DENON
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then if you do see the DENON logo it means it is definitely not coming from the tv

Double check or replace the bluray hdmi cable

Try it while it is already in play and finaly try and connect it directly to the tv for a test .

The denon does not see it right now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tried a new cable to the Denon with no difference.The Blu Ray work when directly connected to TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k but the denon does not see it even if you connect it in the same input as the cable box for example ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k then this is where I opt out and repost your question .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Have you tried resetting the processor of the Denon by following the instructions on page 82 of the manual at the link below? If not, please try that and let me know what happens:

http://www.specsserver.com/CACHE/FRHSBATGLVEL.PDF

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.