Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Just got Bose sound touch 130, in setting it up got error

Customer Question

Just got Bose sound touch 130, in setting it up got error message can not find acoustimass
Manual said to perform pairing -- I tried this but when it says to plug it in, I do but instead of pairing I get message nothing connected. I read that the back of the acoustimass has a colored status indicator but I don't see any lights on mine. Thanks for your help, Pat
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried plugging in the Acoustimass module into another outlet? ...or better yet (temporarily) moving it closer to the console and use the same outlet strip?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried this -- didn't work
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand Pat.

These result(s) + the "...don't see any lights..." would be indicative of a no power thus, a non-functional Acoustimass.

It would be to your advantage to bring this to the attention of the dealer/seller for repairs or perhaps better yet, replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ended up talking with Bose tech support -- they were able to resolve the problem and system is now working.
Thank you for responding but this did not solve my problem.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great Pat! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.