Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a multi outlet IR remote control system my A/V

Customer Question

I have a multi outlet IR remote control system for all my A/V devices. For some reason it won't control my Panasonic bluray players. I have tested all transmitters and they work with other brands of equipment BUT nothing with the Panasonic BD players unless I point the remote directly at the player.
5 other brands work fine but not the Panasonic.
Is there something about the Panasonics IR which is non-standard ? eg very high output, different frequency ?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Not all IR emitters in a blaster system are the same. First, some units have a recessed and very narrow point of site to the IR receiver. Have you tried orienting the IR emitters in different positions- including moving them way from the IR sensor on the Panasonic players up to an inch to see if they work? This isn't uncommon where some devices actually need the IR emitter moved away from the sensor to successfully transmit the signal to the sensor. Also let me know what make and model IR repeater system you're using.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all these things. Somebody else suggested that Panasonic sensors are super sensitive so I may have to reduce the emitter output but no go. I have even tried inserting paper (and other things) between the emitter and sensor to reduce output but no go. The Panasonic sensor is very obvious so hard to miss, my sensors have proved to have a wide transmit area. I might try to limit the transmit area by covering part of the emitter.
Note the IR system is a brand X or no name purchased from a local distributor. It has proven very reliable with 5 other brands of equipment over the last 5 years. Just not the Panasonic.