Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I just purchased a kenwood Kmr-D562BT stereo and when the

Customer Question

I just purchased a kenwood Kmr-D562BT stereo and when the you is on item super hot on the alumni plate in the back of the unit. Hot so you can't touch it, I'm scared to install in dash for a fire. What do I do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Great question! That is not a known symptom of that unit, so it indicates a problem with the circuitry, most likely a short in the circuitry. It's not going to last long if you do install it, so exchange it for a new one. The heat sink is supposed to heat up, but not enough to fry an egg on. If you're concerned about fire, then that sounds too hot for a heat sink to me.