Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My klipsch R-10B soundbar connects to Bluetooth devices but

Customer Question

My klipsch R-10B soundbar connects to Bluetooth devices but remote and buttons on speaker have no effect nor is there any audio. Any advice on how to get sound and remote to work?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Joel and look forward to assisting you today. So you have used the app and made the bluetooth connection successfully? Are you using an iPhone as the bluetooth device? Does the source button on the remote not work at all? Cheers, Joel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a Samsung Note 2 and a HP laptop to connect via Bluetooth using Amazon music as the audio source...no app. (Both of which I've done in the past) I can hear the speakers make noise when turning power off, but none of buttons seem to have any effect be it on the speaker or the remote, which I put a new battery in.
Is there a way to set remote and/or system back to factory?
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure on Factory reset, nothing in the manual suggested for it. Do you get sound for other sources such as TV or DVD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not when connected to speaker.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** color is the light on the soundbar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I power up the speaker the light stays red until I push any button on either the unit or the remote, then it goes white for a couple of seconds then solids green.
It appears as if all the buttons on both the spaghetti and the remote work but the firmware is lost. I have even gone through the process that is supposed to reset speaker to factory (even got the blinking red indication of success) yet none of the usual blinking greens that indicate volume changes.
I think I am going to attempt to warranty the unit if allowable unless we come up with something before the weekend is over.
I am a hardhead and want to solve if possible. Will continue tomorrow.
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, status light of green should indicate optical, solid blue should be for bluetooth. However, if your not even getting the remote status indicators (flashing green when you press a button) it is possibly something with the unit itself. Ill let you know if I find anything else but seems you've tried most things and breaking the pairing between the unit and the subwoofer