Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I'm trying to connect optical audio cables from my Samsung

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect optical audio cables from my Samsung Smart TV to a Denon AVR 3805. What optical port do I use? I have my Comcast box hooked up with a optical cable from the box to OPT 2. I want to run Netflix from my smart TV back through my Denon receiver. What OPT port should I use and what other settings do I need to use? Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

It really doesn't matter which you use, so long as you choose the corresponding input/source mode.

Opt 2 is linked to the DBS (satellite) input mode,

for the tv I'd recommend opt 5, which is the V. Aux mode. So plug it there, and set denon source to V Aux