Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am tring to reconnect my bose v35. when I start it up bose

Customer Question

I am tring to reconnect my bose v35. when I start it up bose comes up on tv but then nothing and only AM FM come up on remote.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joel replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alan,

I'm Joel, hopefully I can help you out today. Just wanted to confirm you were successfully using the system prior to reconnecting it?

If you have already tried swapping out cables such as any HDMI connections and have restarted the V35, have you tried doing a reset on the unit? Does it let you access any system menus etc for the device? Or does it just display BOSE and then turn black and nothing else functions on the remote? If you have not tried a reset, here are the details to perform one:

1. Press and hold the power button on the control console for 5 seconds or until the
power light on the control console changes to red.
The power light on the control console changes to red when the system shuts down.
2. Press and release the power button on the control console to restart the system. The
power light changes to blinking green and then solid green when the system is on
and ready to use.
3. If you still cannot operate the system using the remote, try the next procedure to pair
the remote with the control console.

Pairing the remote with the console

1. Make sure your system is on. If not, press the power button on the control console.
2. Hold the remote close to the control console.
3. Press and hold both the Mute button ( ) on the control console and the OK button
on the remote at the same time for five seconds. The power light blinks when pairing
is complete.
4. Press any remote button and verify that the power light on the control console blinks
with each button press.