ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Vizio soundbar is not giving any sound when paired with my

Customer Question

Hello - Vizio soundbar is not giving any sound when paired with my bluetooth. Also speaker test is silent. Plugged input from TV works. This is NEW - I have used it with bluetooth output from my iphone many times. Remote seems to be working, can see the device as paired on my iphone, lights all seem to be blinking as expected on device. Have reset to factory settings a couple of times. What am I missing?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p.s. Bluetooth connection from this phone to my car works fine.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

There may be a compatibility issue between the device and the soundbar.

Check what version of BlueTooth the phone and the soundbar are using - devices which work on a different older, or "Classic" Bluetooth protocol are not backward compatible and won't recognize (or pair with) devices that support newer versions of Bluetooth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is your theory that the Bluetooth on the soundbar is outdated....all of the sudden? I have used it before many times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Further, if you see my original note, there is no sound coming out when I do a speaker test - again, even though I have done this before. The only time I get sound out of the speakers is if I select a wired input.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Have you used the soundbar with the same device many times before, and now that device no longer connects?

If so, have you recently updated the software on that device?

Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

You will not get any sound during a speaker test unless a device is connected, either through BlueTooth or by using a wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wire is connected (TV) and that was working when I started this whole thing. Last night I couldn't get that either. It is just crapping out it seems. Am at work now so can't do any more troubleshooting until I get home.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Ok it does sound like it has a fault then.

If it is new and still under warranty and doesn't work after updating the software on your phone then it should be returned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

A high rating for my service would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,I want to be honest. You seem very nice but I didn't get any further or any new information from you that I didn't already know or try. I would not rate you poorly for this but hard to rate highly. I'd rather just abstain as I don't know if that's okay.