Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do correct the audio on my on Denon AVR-790? The sound

Customer Question

How do correct the audio on my on Denon AVR-790? The sound is crackly, distorted, tinny and hissing from both the front speakers and surround sound speakers when I am watching TV. When I switch to the FM radio all I get is hissing!
I have Comcast HDMI Cable for my TV service.
I have done the Audyssey Auto Setup twice and that does not seem to make any difference.
I have tried every audio setting listed in my Owners Manual and nothing seems to work.
Can you help?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Unless it has always had this problem with these speakers, you almost certainly don't have an impedance matching problem with the speakers... and the other symptoms wouldn't be caused by that anyway.

Check your antenna connection. Lack of antenna could cause some of the problem if not all of it, and would certainly cause the FM to be hissing and nothing else.

Otherwise, your account clearly indicates a severe electronic problem in the Denon unit. A component in the amplifiers stage(s) has gone bad, and your Denon device will require repair.