John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

When I power on my Denon AVR-391 it shuts off after a few

Customer Question

When I power on my Denon AVR-391 it shuts off after a few seconds and blinks red. What do I do to fix it?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

The light comes on when the receiver’s current sensing and thermal monitors detect some unusual operating condition that, if left unchecked, might damage the amplifier. This can happen if there’s a dead short in a speaker wire or if you’re using very low impedance loudspeakers at high volume for an extended length of time.

Before turning the power back on, all speaker wire connections should be checked for their integrity at the receiver side and at the speaker side. If the protection light goes on immediately after you turn on the receiver, disconnect the speaker wires at the receiver side and retest. If the receiver's protection light goes off, then there would still seem to be a problem with one channel's speaker wires or speakers. Connecting them one by one and retesting should allow you to find the problem speaker or connection.

If after checking all your connections, the Protection indicator stays lit you may need to take your receiver to an authorized repair center for a diagnostic. If you found a problem with the wiring, then please try resetting it again.

Is your unit still in warranty by any chance?

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====