Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Kenwood VR-5090 that won't turn on. FTH GROUP told

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood VR-5090 that won't turn on. FTH GROUP told me it needs flash memory IC32 DEF. PART# ***** they said the part is obsolete, but I might be able to get from another manufacture. Is that possible and can it be fixed??
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a phone call(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, since the part is no longer available, would you consider a potential donor part; i.e. pulled out from another unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would do a donor part from another unit.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Please click HERE to consider / inquire as seller claims that the offered unit does not have sound (only). If this offered unit turns on, then a most likely candidate to serve as parts donor for the unit that "...won't turn on..."

Alternatively, the VR-5090 shares the same engine/circuitry as that of the KRF-X7775D and the VR-5080 which if and when available may also serve as donors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, Please call me when you can and let me know where and when I can have my unit fixed. I know nothing about repairing any stereo equiptment. I really appreciate all your help. Al Medina..
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Al, I am in another region hence unable to call.

This is an independent site and is not affiliated with any manufacturer, brand or product; neither do we sell parts, components nor devices. Members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

With the above in mind, the information provided was to address the "...part is obsolete...able to get from another..." with an alternate approach.

Wouldn't the FTH GROUP be able to continue with their diagnosis/repairs now that there is a likelihood source of replacement part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, I will call tomorrow to see if they can and are aware of interchangeable parts from a VR5090 and VR5080. Will let you know. Al...
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the post back Al and would look forward to an update tomorrow or when able.

Cheers.