Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have an AVR-X4000 and the video quit working on the

Customer Question

I have an AVR-X4000 and the video quit working on the monitor output. The HDMI cables are all good. I have tested all of them directly from the source to a monitor without any issues. I still get sound through but not video. I have also gone as far as reseting the processor by holding down the "info" and "back" button while turning on power. No luck....please help! Any other suggestions or is my video board shot?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you still get hdmi audio input to the system successfully?
Are you able to get anything from the hdmi out, even the denon on screen menus?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just audio.....no menus. TV just says no signal. Even tried a different TV. Same results.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

You can repeat the microprocessor reset a few times, but beyond that it would leave only the possibility of a hardware fault, meaning that the hdmi circuitry (digital video board) has failed, and would need to be replaced.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a 2013 model, and it has a 3 year warranty, so you should be covered for repair/replacement through denon, as long as you purchased from an authorized dealer and have your invoice/receipt. If you'll let me know your zip code I can help you find the closest service center.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.