Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a 1024 and cannot get zone 2 to work

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you able to hear the FM tuner in zone 2?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try that. No
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let's check the process that you use to work zone 2. If you have the settings in your speaker assignment set to zone 2, then you're ready to use it. You have to do this quickly, it will switch back to zone 1 if you don't. Press control multi zone. Select a source, and turn up the volume.

You should see zone 2 in the display when you are doing this. Can you confirm that this is the process you are doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the Multi zone button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the speaker settings I have it set to Zone 2. I back out then pull up what ever I want to listen to and press the Zone button on the front of the reciever and the zone display appears. nothing comes out of the zone2 speakers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I missing a setup? If I move the speakers to the height terminals they work fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even when I put the settings to Surround Back I don't get any sound
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

It's on the front panel, it says MULTI ZONE ON/OFF. They should be plugged into the height terminals, is that where you have them plugged in?

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Connect your cable box red/white output to the cbl/sat input on your receiver. This is in addition to HDMI. Now try zone 2. You can hold the shift key on the remote and press cbl/sat on your remote to switch the zone 2 source.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found a setting that works.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

That's great! Are all of your sources working in zone 2?