Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a Yamaha RX-V575 AV receiver and purchased a Yamaha

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha RX-V575 AV receiver and purchased a Yamaha YWA-10 wireless network adapter with the goal of connecting to the internet using my iPhone personal hotspot at my cabin in Colorado where I do not have DSL. After connecting everything, the receiver does not show up in the device list on the Yamaha AV Controller app on my iPhone and I am not able to connect the receiver to the internet. How can I fix this problem?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your RX-V575?

And have you preformed all the steps needed to set this up with the YWA?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The receiver is about 6 months old. The YWA setup procedure describes one process using WPS and another if WPS is not available. I tried both without success.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i understand this correctly, the YWA should connect with the network created by the iPhone 'personal hotspot'. But that is not happening.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes you are correct, but with your system, the problem is the internal modem the wireless section is not working as it should. I have been working with these systems forever so I am sure of the problem. I even design my own boards for robotics applications;-)

I would replace the new Yamaha YWA-10 wireless network adapter as that is the most likely cause, just a defective one is all.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael