Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Pioneer Elite VSX 52. UE22 error flashing. I downloaded and

Customer Question

Pioneer Elite VSX 52. UE22 error flashing. I downloaded and attempted to update the unit using a file from pioneer website. The process got to 20% and stayed there for several minutes, then showed Update Error 1. What is wrong?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the UE22 error is usually caused by cold solder joints on the processor chip- and not a software update issue. Given that you were not able to successfully perform the update, I would instead think that the chip needs to have it's solder joints heated up to fix the issue. This is a very common problem with Pioneer Elite receivers. The chip is the one labeled "DTS" inside of the receiver, and requires a heat gun to be blown within 8-10" of the chip for 30 seconds on the high setting- once the circuit board starts to smoke (which is actually the epoxy coating heating up), remove the heat and the error should be gone.

If this is not something that you're comfortable with, OR if the unit is less than 2 years old (still within warranty), then I would suggest you contact Pioneer to resolve this problem at the link below:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.LOCATOR_MAXIMIZE/v4-where-to-buy-nav-item/?javax.portlet.tpst=be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_viewID=ascview&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&vgnextoid=35233d3c95b3b210VgnVCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

There's more info on this fix at the link below- albeit for a different model but the chip and procedure is exactly the same:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/155478/pioneer-vsx-1121-with-ue22-error/p2

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?