Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a Visio model S3820W-C0 sound bar and yesterday it

Customer Question

I have a Visio model S3820W-C0 sound bar and yesterday it all of a sudden stopped working. I have turned it off and up plugged it, then hooked it back up and still does not work.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Which type of cable is used to connect the soundbar to your TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
optical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't get any indicator light or anything
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

No power light? How long have you had it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no power light. i had it about a year
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that, Vizio is known for going out all of a sudden. You're going to have to call Vizio and see if they will warranty the unit. (###) ###-#### ***** 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Let me know what they say. If you're not getting a power light, there is a problem with the power supply. One more thing I want you to check, sometimes the power cord can heat up and the contacts spread. Hold the power cord where it plugs into the soundbar firmly, as to kind of push it to one side to make sure there is contact, and press the power button. Does that make any difference?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope nothing
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, call Vizio, and see if they will warranty it. It comes with a one year warranty, and since you're close to that mark, they will likely fix it at no cost. Let me know what they say.