Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony audio/video STR DE825 receiver. Two of the

Customer Question

I have a Sony audio/video STR DE825 receiver. Two of the speaker bare wires touched and the Protector signal came on. I researched the on-line owner's manual and it said to turn off the device remove the short and turn it back on. I did this a couple of times and it still shows the protector signal. I then took it a step further an unplugged all components connected and turned it back on and it still shows Protector signal.
Any ideas?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, most likely suspect after a review of the Service Manual would be the ouput stage circuitry.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Equally important, could you make use of the schematic diagrams or better yet, the repair/Service Manual?