Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older Wave System which has worked perfectly years

Customer Question

I have an older Wave System which has worked perfectly for many years but yesterday I removed a CD and inserted another which does not play - in fact it does not show up. The message is NO DISC. It is definitely a new CD - not a DVD.
Is there anything I can do - if not what are my options?
Best
Ross
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Sometimes the processor in the Bose can simply lockup causing this issue, however it can also be due to the laser lens needing cleaning- or having failed altogether.

Please first- disconnect the system from power for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and see if the issue is the same.

If so, then you would need to attempt to clean the laser lens as your next course of action. The laser lens reads the discs, and this occurs when it is either contaminated (dirty/dusty), or has failed (which requires hardware replacement to the unit).

The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the CD cover, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.

If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be serviced by Bose- as they are the only ones who can access parts and service these systems.

Depending on the age of the system, Bose will opt to either repair it at a fair price, or in units over the 10 year mark, they may offer a discount on a brand new Wave in exchange for your old one.

In this case you would need to contact Bose and attempt to setup a repair ticket of the system.

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please scrol up to read the entire reply when you are able.