Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Sorry problem: BOSE lifestyle 48 + appel TV connected an

Customer Question

Hi, sorry i am Dutch
problem : BOSE lifestyle 48 + appel TV connected an optical audio, in system settings VCR selected = sound, but when i put bose off or i go to cbl-sat and bac to vcr = no sound
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** can help you with your question. the optical audio input on a Bose system is only going to work is the optical audio is selected. So, you would have to connects Apple TV to the appropriate inputs on the Bose system. In other words, it will not play the optical input simply because something is connected to it – that must be the source that is selected as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hallo, sorry i am Dutch and do not understand all this, so pleace kan i have my € 21 bac.
Thank u.
Yvette
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why do I get no answer ?

You may be able to to use Google Translate. You asked your question in English, and I, in good faith, answered it correctly for you. If you have any problem understanding something specific that I wrote, let me know and I will explain it.

Please rate my level of service using OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your answer is not the solution to my problem. All connections were o.k because there is picture and sound on the Apple TV.
But if I stop Apple TV and i watch a program on cbl-sat, or I turn the Bose off, and then I put Apple TV bac on, then there is no more sound, i see the film without sound. I go to system settings - optical sourse - VCR is selected , i select another = "aux" or "TV" - enter - than i select "VCR" again - enter = the sound is bac and i kan watch the film with the sound.
The selection is not stored. Probably i should change another setting as well, but I do not know witch setting.
On the remote control, the button VCR = Appel TV
I will rate your level of service using OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT when you give me the solution to my problem.
Yvette

So is this a problem only when using the remote control?

Also, as I mentioned before, you can only set the optical audio to work with one source. In the setup menu, you have the choice of TV, VCR, CBL/SAT, AUX - it will not change with the input selection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the optical audio works with one source = VCR, but i must change the setting and select VCR again to have the sound bac

Is the VCR source already on when you turn the Bose lifestyle on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the remote control, no
on the setting: optical audio yes

Sorry... I mean the apple TV device. Is it already on when the bose is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On or off ther is no diffirence

Have you tried associating it with a different source? What is the default source it comes back to for audio?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. No and i Will nog change it, it works
2. I do not know what you mean

So are refusing to try what I suggested? You say it works, but it obviously doesn't or you wouldn't be asking the question. If you are not willing to cooperate, I'm not sure how you expect me to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works ! Only the system setting - optical sourse - VCR is not saved.

That's what I am saying. If it goes back to a particular source, why not simply use that source? Why do you have to use the one that says VCR?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes NOT back to a particular source !!
If I stop Apple TV and i watch a program on cbl-sat, or I turn the Bose off, and then I put Apple TV bac on, then there is no more sound. Than I have to go to: ***** ***** - optical sourse - VCR
VCR IS STILL SELECTED AND I HAVE TO select another = "aux" or "TV" - enter - THAN I SELECT "VCR" AGAIN - enter = the sound is bac and i kan watch the film with the sound.

Then it is one of two things. It could be the cable that is not transmitting correctly. Also, if you have a "link" setting on your TV, turn that off. this would be any option that sends control signals and digital handshakes over the wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is a "link" setting on your TV, ?
turn that off. How ?

What is the model of your TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loewe Connect 55,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid €21 for no result in 5days and i must pay €10 more ???????????

You haven't paid me anything. All the time I have spent helping you has been my own personal time. Since, from your first response to me, you have indicated that you do not appreciate my time and do not intend to pay, I have chosen not to continue working with you on your question. The question will be open to all Experts. If someone wants to help you, you will receive a reply. Until then, there is no need to reply.