Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Bose L1 system (older one with the horseshoe shaped

Customer Question

I have a Bose L1 system (older one with the horseshoe shaped base)...I use a TC Helicon Gxt voice processor and some guitar effects pedals. I currently run two acoustic guitars through an A/B box run directly into the "in" slot of the TCH Gxt and output both channel 1 and 2 from the TCH into the Bose...with the presets on "0" so I get only the mix from the harmonizer (TCH)...I've recently run two electric guitars (a tele and a casino)(replacing the acoustic guitars) into the system using the same set-up and am getting very poor sound quality from these decent electric guitars...any recommendations for improving the sound quality?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The AB switch- are you trying to run both guitars simultaneously through this switch? If so, then you have out of phase cancellation from the two guitars and would instead need a small powered mixer to insert between the guitars and the Bose.

If you're unsure, then remove the effect pedals from the mix and run both guitars through the AB switch to the Bose- is the sound quality still poor?

If so, run each guitar to the Bose one at a time- if the sound quality is decent then your AB switch is the cause of the issue and you would instead need a small 2 channel mixer.

Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you are able to see and try the steps in my reply. I've been setting up and playing in live bands for a bit over 25 years, and can help you with this once I know the results of the tests above (divide and conquer for this type of problem).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?