Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a KDF-E55A20 that I've lost the remote for. Meanwhile

Customer Question

I have a KDF-E55A20 that I've lost the remote for. Meanwhile I had it set with a Sony Bravia surround sound so the volume is fixed. Can I set it back to the default volume settings with a dish remote?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You cannot with the Dish remote, but you can on the TV itself on the back left is the volume buttons, as you see in the manual on page 14 here

https://docs.sony.com/release/kdfe55-60a20.pdf

Use these buttons to control it.

You can also purchase a replacement remote from my link below

http://www.amazon.com/replacement-KDF-E42A10-KDF-E50A10-KDF-E55A20-Projector/dp/B00H97WPKK

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that doesn't work. It says 'TV volume is fixed' which is because i set it up that way when i had it hooked up to a surround sound before i lost the remote. Now i can't switch it back to default. ???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if you fixed it, you have to have the remote sorry to access the menu to turn this off again, there is no way via the controls on the TV.

You can though use the remote I recommended as this will allow you to access it.