Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older model AVR-983 receiver. Consommation #

Customer Question

I have an older model AVR-983 receiver. Consommation #(###) ###-####
I am trying to hook up the speakers, however I can't figure out which connection to make on the back of the receiver. Can you help ?
Michael
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi Micheal, Can you tell me anything about the speakers you're using (Brand, Model, How many), and where you're running into problems?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If only using 2 speakers, you'd connect them to the "Front A" Speaker binding posts. To do this you strip 1/2" of insulation off each of the wire ends and then insert the positive under the red plastic screw on cap and tighten it down. Then the negative goes under the black.

If using two pairs of stereo speakers- that you want to play all music through, then connect one pair to the "Front A" and the other pair to the "Front B".

If using a 5 channel Home Theater surround system, then the front left goes to front left, the center to center, and front right to front right terminals, the same applies to the surrounds.

If this doesn't cover what you're asking, then please simply reply back with where you're running into problems and we can continue.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?