Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Beosound 9000 does not read the cds anymore

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the CD cover, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.
If it still doesn't work, you can opt to clean the lens eye itself, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean.

If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which is on average a $150 repair, and not typically cost effective.

If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you have no luck with the manual procedures for cleaning the laser lens, then you can also try unplugging the system from power for several hours to see if the processor resets, and if it's a simply glitch. If not, then with regards ***** ***** you can contact a B&O servicer at the link below:

http://atlantic-systems.com/

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you tell me where is the lense?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The lens is the shiny reflective pea-sized "eye" that resides directly below the disc being played.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in a beosound 9000 I guess the lens is in the back of the CD carriage. How do you get there? I don't get the feeling you can lift the carriage.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this would require dis-assembly of the unit- and keep in mind the issue may be a faulty laser lens and not simply a dirty one. Have you tried running a disc cleaner through the system- or was it not able to read the disc? Additionally, have you tried spraying out the area where the disc sits with compressed air?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There is a service manual for your model below if you want to try to dig deeper and physically clean the lens:

http://beophile.com/?page_id=8253

If not, then with regards ***** ***** you can contact a B&O servicer at the link below:

http://atlantic-systems.com/

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?