Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Will you please send me scamatics on how to hook up these

Customer Question

will you please send me scamatics on how to hook up these devises for surround sound, technics stereo integrated amplifier model # ***** on a surround sound setup with Samsung blue ray model#BDP1400XAA, direct TV, receiver #035688257431,model#HR24-100, xbox 360 serial#074251284707, and Samsung t.v.# *****
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you possibly help me with this situation
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

A schematic really won't be of benefit here.

I can give you some guidance on connections, but the amplifier is the real limitation here. This is a very old and very basic model stereo only amplifier. It will not give you surround sound, just basic stereo sound through 2 speakers.

It is also an entirely analog device, so it isn't directly compatible with your bluray player or most of your other devices.

Your best option here would really be to replace the technics entirely with a proper surround sound a/v receiver.

If you aren't able/willing to do that though, you can use it to get limited stereo sound. What you'd need to do is to connect all of your source devices (bluray, dtv, xbox) directly to the tv via hdmi. Then you'll need to buy a digital to analog converter box: http://amzn.to/1QLbaBd

Connect that to the tv's Digital Audio Out port with the optical cable, then a set of red/white out of the converter to any input (cd, aux, etc), and set the amp to that input.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That will give you stereo sound for all devices. Inputs have to be changed on the tv (for audio and video). The amp has to be adjusted manually for power/volume as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I use the direct tv receiver as the amp, or surround sound
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No, the dtv box is simply a conduit from the satellite dish to your tv, providing line level audio and video signals. It has no amplifying capabilities.

It can output a surround sound encoded audio stream, but to actually get surround sound you'd need 5+ speakers and at least 1 subwoofer, as well as a multichannel amplifier.