Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a newer Samsung 4k tv that I hook up to my Yamaha RX

Customer Question

I have a newer Samsung 4k tv that I hook up to my Yamaha RX V675 through the TV and the Receivers ARC conection, I get sound and picture all my peripherals are connected through the yamaha, the problem is when i'm watching netflix, or satelite TV I will about every 30 seconds get the sound to cut out for about 1-2 seconds and get the message "decoder off" each time, it appears to be syncing the audio, have always got this problem since i have had the receiver
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks any idea what it is yet ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, it looks like my earlier reply to you was cut off or didn't go through.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is, almost always, a hdmi hdcp hardware handshake issue, and is extremely common.

Sadly, the hdmi/arc connection is not the universal language it was hoped to be, especially between multiple different devices.

As an initial step, make sure the firmware on the yamaha is up to date. If it is, then this comes down to an internal fault or a communications issue.

Your best option is to bypass the yamaha. It has 4k passthrough, but doesn't do any scaling, so it is really not adding any value here in terms of video.

Connect all your devices directly to the tv, via hdmi, then run a separate optical cable from the tv back to the yamaha for audio.