Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver and I 't have sound coming

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver and I don't have sound coming out to the speakers. is there anything I can do to fix this
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what indicators you see on the front panel?
Can you please check tuner (fm radio) mode and see if you get anything there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO SOUND FORM FROM FM MODE Red indicator that says HDMI ( in out 1) AV1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, can you please plug in the ypao setup mic, to put it into the calibration mode, and run through that auto setup process. Let me know if you're able to get the test tones through the speakers that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't have the set up mic at this moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything else we can try
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is the first step in the diagnostic process, you really need to be able to check for the test tones to proceed through anything else.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you absolutely cannot, a microprocessor reset would be the next option, though that can cause its own share of problems (you will have to reconfigure everything after, including the calibration too)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then there is nothing I can do at this time until I get my mic, will I still be charged the $36 or just the $5, and I'll get back once I get the mic
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You've already paid the full fee, to the site.

I don't get anything for my time until you complete the rating process.

If you'd like to do the rating, that will keep the question open and I'll be available to help you further when you have the mic available.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You won't be charged again for follow up, as long as you return to me here on this question directly (bookmark this page) . Just don't open a new question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already done the reset and that didn't help I won't have the mic until Friday, I don't understand the rating how can I keep the question open til then
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I was suggesting you may wish to complete the rating (5 stars), which is reflective of my service and efforts to help you.

Otherwise if waiting a few days the question can time out and close.